The registration period has ended.
Are you a non-profit organization based in Canada? Are you interested in receiving a microgrant for an activity that could be part of the 2024 edition of the Rendez-vous de la Francophonie (RVF)?
Tell us about your activity for a chance to receive $1000 to $2000!
Objective: To support local, community and rural activities that will be part of the RVF and bring Canada’s Francophonie to new audiences.
Grant amount: From $1000 to $2000, depending on the scope of the activity and the number of criteria met.
Fill out the form!
The registration period has ended.
- Be a non-profit organization that offers French-language or bilingual activities
- Have a head office in Canada
- Submit an activity that will take place between March 1 and March 31, 2024
- Complete the microgrant application form on RVF.ca/en
- Expansion of Francophone space
- Promotion of the Canadian Francophonie to new audiences
- Originality of the activity
- Anticipated benefits
- In the case of an existing activity, addition of a new component
Responsibilities of grant recipients
- Ensure the visibility of the RVF and the Government of Canada or the Government of Quebec in communications and during the activity (logos on posters and visual elements, acknowledgements, etc.)
- Submit a short report that includes promotional visuals, the number of participants, the benefits of the activity and at least one photo
The microgrant application form must be submitted on RVF.ca/en by November 17, 2023. The Rendez-vous de la Francophonie team will contact the selected organizations by December 21, 2023.
For questions regarding the application, please contact Patrick Pharand at email@example.com.
Examples of previous projects (2023)
Film en musique
Association des francophones des Kootenays Ouest, Castlegar, BC
Screening of a French-language film with English subtitles, followed by a musical performance, intended for families participating in French immersion programs.
Category: Anglophones or learners of French as a second language
Rendez-vous culinaire fransaskois
Association des parents fransaskois, Saskatoon, SK (virtual)
A virtual cooking workshop with musical entertainment that brought together 70 people from across the province, including children, seniors and newcomers, with the goal of sharing a passion for the culinary arts.
Festival du cinéma francophone de Calgary
Société La Cité des Rocheuses Calgary, AB
The RVF microgrant went toward the distribution of free tickets, which expanded the film festival’s existing audience and gave youth and newcomers the opportunity to discover the festival.
Category: Youth and newcomers
Femmes de parole
RAPPEL : Parole-Création Laval, QC (virtual)
This online poetry performance by female writers included poets from Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta, as well as poets who have immigrated to Canada, and introduced their work to an audience of over 200 people across the country.
Category: Quebec residents
Frequently asked questions
I received a microgrant last year. Am I still eligible this year?
Yes. You can re-apply if your activity meets the eligibility criteria.
Do I have to organize a new activity to receive a microgrant?
No. You can submit an application to help you enhance an existing activity in order to reach new audiences.
I work in a Francophone elementary or secondary school. Am I eligible?
You can apply in partnership with a cultural center or local organization, but the application must be submitted by the cultural center or local organization.